Acko Car Insurance review: It is a digitl general insurance company based in India that offers car insurance policies. According to many Indian customer reviews, Acko is well known for its easy online process for purchasing and renewing insurance policies. They are also praised for their fast claim settlement process and helpful customer service (what actualy desired by insured car owners) .
In terms of policy offerings, Acko provides both third-party liability coverage and comprehensive coverage for cars and bikes. Their comprehensive coverage includes protection against damages caused by natural disasters, theft, accidents and any unwanted happening as per compony rules.
To renew your Acko car insurance policy, you can log in to your account on the Acko website or mobile app and follow the prompts to renew your policy. We have given stepwise hoe to renew guidline in this article. It is generally a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few minutes. You may be required to pay a renewal premium and provide updated personal and vehicle information as part of the renewal process.
Acko is a reputable and convenient choice for car insurance in India(may it expand in other countries in future). Customers have generally had positive experiences with the company, and the renewal process is reportedly easy and hassle-free.
Table of Contents
Origin of acko car insurance
Acko is a general insurance company based in India ( as already mentioned) that offers a range of insurance products, including car insurance. The company was thought and founded in 2016 by CEO Varun Dua, who saw an opportunity to use technology to disrupt the traditional insurance industry.
Prior to starting Acko, Dua had worked in the insurance industry for several years and had gained a deep understanding of the challenges facing customers and insurers ( real reason for success). He believed that by using technology to streamline the insurance process, he could create a more convenient and cost-effective experience for both parties ( insurer and insured).
To accomplish this goal, Dua assembled a team of like minded experienced insurance professionals and tech experts to build Acko. The company launched in 2016 with a focus on car insurance, and quickly gained traction in the Indian market.
Accorting to insurancedekho “The company achieved its license from IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) in September, 2017. Within two years, the company has managed to raise more than $42 million from big shot and angel investors like Catamaran Ventures, Accel Partners, Amazon and SAIF Partners.”
In the years since its founding, Acko has continued to expand its offerings and improve its technology interface. The company has gained a reputation for its easy-to-use online platform ( website and app) and fast claim settlement process. It has also received recognition from industry organizations and awards programs for its innovative approach to insurance(easy and affordable).
Today, Acko is one of the well known and leading digital insurance companies in India and is poised for continued growth in the years ahead. It remains promissable and committed to using technology to improve the insurance experience for customers and create new opportunities for insurers.
How acko car insurance is different from other car insurance companies in India
Here are a few points we have selected for comparison, in which Acko is different from other car insurance companies in India:
- Digital platform: Acko is a fully automated digital insurance company, simply,which means that all of its policies can be purchased and managed online. This can be super easy and convenient for customers who prefer to do everything digitally and avoid the hassle of visiting a physical insurance office ( save fuel and time).
- Fast claim settlement: The company has a good track record and reputation for its fast claim settlement process. Some customers have reported that, Acko is able to process and pay out claims much faster than many other Indian traditional insurance companies.
- Customized coverage: Acko offers a range of coverage options for car insurance, and allows customers to customize their policy to fit their specific needs( with ad-ons). This can be useful for people (car and bike owners) who want more control over their insurance coverage and aren’t satisfied with one-size-fits-all policies.
- Innovative pricing: The company uses data and analytics of Indian insurance market to come up with more accurate pricing for its policies. This can result in more competitive (pocket freindly) rates for customers.
- Excellent customer service: Acko has excellent customer service, with knowledgeable and helpful representatives (human ineraction) who are available to assist customers online or over the phone.
So we can fairly say that, the brand Acko is a digital insurance company that is differentiated from other car insurance providers in India by its fast claim settlement process, customizable coverage options, innovative pricing, and excellent customer service.
Acko General Insurance Limited Details
The company is legaly registered in Mumbai (Maharashtra) Registrar Office.
Registered address is
Acko General Insurance Limited
Unit 5, B Wing, 3rd Floor, Krislon House,
Saki Vihar Road, Saki Naka,,Mumbai,
|Status||ACTIVE from 2016|
|Company Category||Company Limited by Shares|
|Company Sub-category||Indian Non-Government Company (Private)|
|Business Activity||General Insurance|
|Authorized Capital||5.0 lakhs|
|Paid-up Capital||5.0 lakhs|
|Paid-up Capital %||100.0|
|Registrar Office City||Mumbai|
|Registered State||Maharashtra (MH)|
|Registration Date||03 Nov, 2016|
Benefits of ACKO Car Insurance
If you’re looking for affordable and reliable car insurance in India, Acko may be a good option to consider( always compare with other companies before purchasing). One of the desirable benefits of choosing Acko is that the company guarantees a significant reduction in premiums compared to other insurance providers. In addition, Acko is a fully digital insurance company, which means you can purchase, renew, and make claims entirely online without the need for paperwork (without agent).
Acko car insurance is also known for its fast, timely and convenient claim settlement process. If you need to make a claim, simply give the company a call (contact provided below) and they will handle the rest, from picking up your vehicle to getting it repaired and returning it to you (door to door service). Acko also gives instant cash settlements for minor damages, which can save you money on costly repairs in the long run.
So if we look at all benefits, Acko is a reliable car insurance company in India that offers affordable premiums, a convenient online platform, and fast, timely and efficient claim settlement. If you’re in the market for car insurance, it’s worth considering Acko as a insurance provider( ofcourse, desission is your’s).
ACKO Car Insurance Add-Ons
Loss of Accessories Cover
If you are inspired from Bond 007 and have installed high-end accessories on your car, such as a reverse camera, modified tail lights, or a stereo system, it’s a recomended to consider adding an accessories cover to your car insurance policy. Becuase, a basic car insurance policy will cover damages to your vehicle in the unwanted event of an accident, it unfortunatly does not cover damages to accessories.
So we need, an accessories cover whuch can provide financial protection if your car’s accessories are damaged or lost due to an accident or theft. This cover can be added to your basic policy for an additional premium of 4% on the value of the accessories. It’s important to note that you must specifically declare the accessories you want to be covered in the proposal form in order to be protected.
An accessories cover can be a valuable addition to your car insurance policy if you’ve installed high-end accessories on your vehicle.
If you have a comprehensive car insurance policy, it’s important to be aware that it typically does not cover consumables, (such as engine oil, oil filters, lubricants, grease, and radiator coolant). In the event of an unfortunate accidental loss, you may be responsible for paying for these items yourself (extra burden).
To protect against this financial burden, you may want to consider adding a consumables cover to your (basic) car insurance policy. Acko offers a consumables cover that can provide extra protection for car essentials such as engine oil, oil filters, lubricants, grease, radiator coolant, nuts and bolts, washers, AC gas oil, gearbox oil, and power steering oil.
So you can add, a consumables cover which can be a useful addition to your comprehensive basic car insurance policy, if you want to protect against the costs of replacing consumables in the event of an unfortunate accident.
Emergency Roadside Assistance
Acko’s RSA (Roadside Assistance) cover can be a valuable addition to your basic car insurance policy. It provides on-spot rescue services in the event of an emergency situation. Here are some of the notable benefits of the RSA cover:
- Towing service: Acko provides free towing facilities up to 50km in the event of a breakdown or accident.
- Flat tire repair: If you have a flat tire, Acko will send a professional to repair it on the spot.
- Emergency fuel delivery: If you run out of fuel, Acko can provide 5 litres of fuel to get you back on the road. This service is chargeable.
- Immediate repair works: In the event of a mechanical or electrical breakdown, Acko will send a professional technician to repair your vehicle on the spot (geo located).
- Accident-related transportation: If you are unable to drive after an accident, Acko will provide transportation to your desired location (up to 50km). This service is not chargeable.
- Key service: If you lose your car keys or lock yourself out of your vehicle, Acko can send a technician to unlock and repair your car. This service is only available in the same city as the incident.
- Accommodation: If your car requires extensive repairs and you need a place to stay, Acko will arrange for accommodation at a nearby hotel. This service is not covered by the insurance policy.
- Alternative transportation: If your car is irreparable on the spot, Acko will provide a cab service as an alternative mode of transportation.
- Spare parts delivery: In the event of an accident, Acko will deliver spare parts to your location. This service is chargeable.
RSA cover includes towing, tire repair, fuel delivery, repair works, transportation, key service, accommodation, alternative transportation, and spare parts delivery.
Return to Invoice Protection Cover
If you’re the owner of a new or luxury vehicle, or if you live in an area prone to theft, it is recomanded to consider adding a return to invoice protection cover to your comprehensive (basic) car insurance policy. This cover helps to ensure that the invoice (value) of your car remains intact, including any registration charges and road tax paid.
With a return to invoice protection cover(ad-on), you can rest assured that you will receive the full invoice value of your car in the event that it is damaged or stolen. It will prevent from breaking of you’r heart and bank account.
It’s important to note that this cover is not available for vehicles that are more than (3 years) old. If you are unsure whether a return to invoice protection cover is right for you.
Engine Protection Cover
Now day’s we are concerned about the high costs of repairing a damaged engine, so we have choice to consider adding an engine protector cover to our comprehensive (basic) car insurance policy. This cover can provide financial protection in the event that your engine is damaged and needs repair or replacement.
An engine protector cover ad-on can help to cover the costs of repairing or replacing engine parts, such as connecting rods, pistons, and other components. It also provides protection against damages caused by water-logging, lubricating oil leakage, gearbox impairment, or hydrostatic lock.
Having an engine protector cover (with basic plan) can save you a significant amount of money in the event of an engine-related loss, and can help to ensure that you can get back on the road as quickly as possible. If you’re interested in adding this cover to your policy, it’s recomanded to speak with an insurance representitive for more information.
Acko car insurance custmomer care contact number and Email ID.
If you are an insured customer of Acko and need assistance with your car insurance policy, the company has provided few channels, you can contact the company’s customer care team as follows:
- Online: Visit the Acko website and use the live chat feature to speak with a customer care representative in real-time.
- Email: You can email the Acko customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Phone: Call the Acko customer care hotline at 1800-266-2256.
- Mobile app: If you have the Acko mobile app, you can use the in-app chat feature to speak with a customer care representative.
Acko’s customer care representtitive team is available to assist with any questions or issues you may have related to your car insurance policy. They are knowledgeable and helpful, and can provide requierd support and guidance to help you get the most out of your policy (languge matter’s !).
Acko Car Insurance Review Summury
The company is well known in India for its easy and convenient online process for purchasing and managing insurance policies, as well as its super fast claim settlement process.
Acko offers both third-party liability coverage and comprehensive coverage for cars and bikes as well, including protection against damages caused by natural disasters, theft, and accidents. In addition ( as ad-ons), Acko allows customers to customize their coverage to fit their specific needs and uses data and analytics to come up with more accurate and competitive pricing for its policies (money saver). Overall, Acko is a legitimate, reliable, reputable and convenient choice for car insurance in India, with excellent essential customer service and a commitment to using technology to improve the insurance experience for all isurance owners.